Monday, March 12, 2012

Breaking Up - It Does a Body Good!

I got dumped last weekend. Sharing that may be venturing into TMI territory for a blog, but when Dru & I started this I wanted it to be a documentation of what the year was really like leading up to our half-marathon. The relationship was important to me and since Dru already hears about it from me via many, many emails, I figured I’d share it here, too. Besides, it does have something to do with my half training. Because I figure what’s a girl to do after getting dumped?

1. Make the world’s most epic breakup playlist (see below).
2. Get serious about swimsuit season, which means more running & training for the half!

Swimsuit season comes early in Dallas (we’re talking April, people) so this dumping could not have come at a better time. I guess I should thank the dude who dumped me, but right now I think he kinda (really) sucks…so no thanks for him!

This past weekend I decided to shake up my workout routine (with visions of swimsuits dancing in my head) with some ideas Dru had shared with me. First, I started off with a 5K-distance run on the treadmill because it rained for approximately 33 hours on Saturday. I kicked up my mile average a bit and it felt awesome. Then, I got down to the business of lunges & squats.  And more lunges and squats.  And finally, you guessed it, more lunges & squats. Let’s just say that two days post-workout (and 9 days post-breakup) my heart is feeling better but my booty is still aching!

Erin’s Epic Post-Breakup Playlist (a sampling)
Cake – I Will Survive
Britney Spears – Stronger
Adele – Rolling In the Deep
Alanis Morissette – You Oughta Know
Ke$ha – Blind
Jason DeRulo – Ridin’ Solo
Katy Perry – Part of Me
Gotye – Somebody That I Used to Know

No comments:

Post a Comment