Friday, September 7, 2012

Ask and you shall receive...GUEST bloggers

So, at the beginning of this journey, I posted that perhaps we should/would have occasional guest bloggers.  Well, that fizzled, sort of.  But, as my brother and soon to be sister-in-law and company were running 10 miles this morning, we had a lot of time to talk about random things...like blogging.  Side note, I think what I'm most excited about running a half marathon is all of the QT (2.5 hours by my current pace estimate) I will get to spend talking to and catching up with Erin.  So anyway, without further ado below are AJ & Megan's perspectives and insights on their training leading up to the 1/2 thus far. 

AJ:

Just  44 days and 122 miles of training before we can put the “13.1 Sticker” on our vehicles. I will start to park at the front of lots instead of the back parking lots after that so everyone knows I ran 13.1 miles!!!! Feeling good after this morning’s run…did 10 miles with Dru and Megan and still had 3 miles of gas left in the tank I believe. New running shoes are on my horizon…between the sides being blown out and retaining larger amounts of sweat in the soles, it’s time to splurge and get the $59 pair of Saucony’s instead of the $39 pair of New Balance’s.

MEGAN:

Dare I say, I love the irony in running 13.1 miles so that you can have a sticker that says “13.1” miles, so you can then park in the front of the grocery store parking lot and show it off. I’m pretty certain those people with “13.1” stickers on the back of their vehicles have no excuse for parking close to the front door. If you can run 13.1 miles, you can walk from the back of the parking lot J All joking aside…I had a great run this morning! You might be surprised to hear what constitutes a great run…I had a Charlie horse in the left side of my back, my sports bra rubbed two bloody holes in my back where the hooks are located, and my big toe nails appear to be pulling a “Dru Howard” and are bruised. And it was actually a good run. Do you want to know why?!?! Because neither of my knees or hips felt like they had gravel in them today and I could carry on a conversation while running. I really did have a great run, though. I kept thinking to myself after we were done…it is 7:00 a.m. and I just ran 10 miles before most people have gotten out of bed J



There you have it.  A great 10 mile run had by all.  And it felt better this morning because our friend Carol was back in action, after nursing an injury for the last week.  It was good to have her back...even if for only 2 miles (on Dr's orders).  But, we did miss Ken.  Hope he's feeling better soon and we'll have the whole gang back for our Friday morning long runs soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment