Thursday, September 6, 2012

Sound the Alarm!

One of my most favorite things is when Dru and I actually get to talk on the phone. We email all the time, and have fun “liking” or commenting on each other’s FB pages, but to find the time when we are both 1. free and 2. able to answer our phones is pretty hard. For one thing, Dru is raising two tiny members of society, both of which started school this year (don’t even get me started on how old I feel knowing that her son Kash is in kindergarten now…I remember meeting that little guy in the hospital the day after he was born!!). Secondly, she’s got a whole household of people to pay attention to.  I just have my dog, but somehow I never pick up the phone and call her. Clearly I am a rotten friend.  But, a good dog owner.

So, it was a joyful occasion last week when we got to connect via phone!  That joy was quickly diminished when she proclaimed, “I’m so excited to see you in 6 weeks!”

WHAT?! HOLD UP!! OUR RUN IS IN 6 WEEKS?!?!  (This was my face...)


 Luckily Dru was off by 1 week. We had 7 weeks left to train. (This was my new face...)


So, with (now) less than 7 weeks left to train, I’m getting serious about it.  Instead of sleeping in one extra day, I got up and ran 4 miles on Labor Day. Ran 4.5 two days later. This Saturday I’m hoping to hit 6 and keep inching up so that by the weekend of the 15-16th I am at 8, which will put me on track according to the training sheet Dru gave me.

The alarm has been sounded.  The run is in a month and a half.  I will be ready. Oh yes, I will.   

No comments:

Post a Comment