Friday, January 6, 2012

Weekend Goal & Inspiration!

We are officially 289 days away from the Rock ‘n Roll ½.  When I say it like that, it makes me feel ok that right now I’m sitting on my couch, getting ready to eat some pizza!

But, I know that this year will fly by and it will be time to run the ½ marathon before I know it. Full confession: I haven’t worked out in three weeks. Technically I went to power yoga last week, but since then I have done nada. The last long run I did (3 or more miles is long to me….we’re just going to ignore the fact that a ½ marathon is 13.1 for now because that many miles scares me) was back in October. So, clearly I am not a super fit, amazing athlete. But, I am someone who started running WAY back in junior high for volleyball (shout out Coach Bates!) and then kept running because I figured out that when I run, I can still eat pizza and keep most weight off. And when I keep weight off, I like how I look. Vain? Yep, you betcha. But, I also figured out that when I run races (who am I racing? Usually people who are running with strollers…I'm not kidding) and finish them, I sort of feel amazingly bad ass.

Anyway, I’m ready to eat pizza so I’ll get to the point. My goal this weekend is to RUN. That’s all. Just get out, in the beautiful almost-70 degree weather (LOVE Dallas in January!), and run. Hopefully for around 30 minutes. Dru runs with a running group in Salem (I’ll let her talk more about that if she feels inclined) so I know she’ll be running this weekend. And since we’re doing this race together, I figure I owe it to her and to myself to run this weekend, too. 

Thought I’d also share a little inspiration, thanks to Pinterest! This sort of sums up the way I always try to live my life, but especially at the beginning of the year I think it’s a good reminder.


1 comment:

  1. Good news is that pizza could be your before run meal! Just try it and see how you feel the next morning. That would be perfect for you.
    Also, you need a cooler name like Dru :)
    Can't wait to hear how both of your runs go!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete